Our Favorite B Corps
Mar 2, 2023
Did you know that CleanChoice Energy is a Certified B Corporation? As a B Corp, we are part of a community of thousands of companies around the world that balance profit and purpose, creating a positive impact for our employees, our communities, and the environment. Here are just a few of our favorite fellow B Corps:
1. 4ocean sells bracelets made from recycled materials and removes one pound of ocean trash for every product sold. So far, 4ocean has removed more than 28 million pounds of trash from oceans and coastlines around the world!
2. Allbirds is known for making “the world’s most comfortable shoes.” But their shoes are also environmentally friendly, as they’re made from sustainable materials such as sugarcane, wool, tree fiber, and even plastic from recycled bottles. Allbirds is working to completely eliminate the carbon footprint of their shoes and lists each product’s footprint on their website.
3. Bee’s Wrap makes plastic-free, compostable food storage made from organic cotton and sustainably sourced beeswax. Their reusable wraps work well for storing produce and leftovers are the perfect alternative to single-use plastic wraps and bags!
4. Ben & Jerry’s, the legendary ice cream brand, has been leading the charge on issues such as climate justice for decades. They ran their first advocacy campaign against global warming in 2007. Check out their page dedicated to climate justice—titled “If It’s Melted, It’s Ruined.” Plus, they offer a variety of plant-based ice cream flavors!
5. Better World Books is an online bookstore that works with libraries and individuals to save books from landfills—more than 450 million and counting! Find a drop box near you to donate books, or host a drop box in your area to help save even more books.
6. BLK and Bold is a Black-owned premium coffee and tea company based out of Des Moines, Iowa. BLK & Bold donates 5% of its profits to initiatives that support youth in cities throughout the country, including several organizations that teach children about conservation, urban farming, and the outdoors.
7. Bloomin creates paper products such as greeting cards, printer paper, and even confetti made of seed paper—paper that’s packed with flower, vegetable, or herb seeds that you can plant and grow!
8. Frankie and Jo's is a women-owned ice cream shop based in Seattle that offers delicious plant-based ice creams, with flavors such as Molten Chocolate Cake, Tahini Banana Superchunk, and Cashew Cookie Crunch (available with nationwide shipping!). Eating plant-based foods has significant environmental benefits—learn more in our blog post.
9. Grove Collaborative is a subscription service that sends subscribers natural products for their home and personal care—many of which are plastic-free, as Grove is working towards being 100% plastic-free by 2025. To date, Grove customers have avoided nearly 10 million pounds of plastic waste by purchasing reusable and plastic-free products!
10. Klean Kanteen created the original plastic-free, stainless steel water bottle back in 2004. They are Certified Carbon Neutral and a member of 1% for the Planet. Plus, their headquarters in California is completely powered by their own solar panels!
11. Jeni’s Ice Creams is committed to providing zero-waste, delicious ice cream. Jeni’s has composting bins in nearly all of their stores for their compostable spoons, bowls, and napkins. To date, they have already diverted more than 100 tons of waste from landfills!
12. Just Water, started by Jaden Smith, offers water bottles that are made from plant-based materials, such as paper from FSC-certified forests and bioplastic made from sugarcane. These bottles create 74% less carbon emissions than traditional plastic bottles, and their aluminum bottles are infinitely recyclable.
13. Lemonade is an insurance company that donates the leftover, unclaimed money at the end of each year to organizations chosen by their policyholders, such as 350.org, American Forests, charity: water, Earth Day Network, SPCA, and The Ocean Agency.
14. MPOWERD makes solar-powered products such as outdoor lanterns, string lights, and mobile charging devices. They also work to provide clean energy to the more than 3 billion people around the world who don’t have access to clean, reliable, or affordable electricity.
15. Pela is known for their 100% compostable phone cases and accessories. Pela’s phone cases create 30% less emissions, use 34% less water, and create 80% less waste than traditional phone cases. To date, Pela customers have prevented more than 313,000 pounds of plastic from ever being produced!
16. Simply Good Jars, as seen on Shark Tank, are chef-made, ready-to-eat meals that come in glass jars. After your meal, you can scan the QR code on the jar and pledge to repurpose, reuse, or recycle your jar. For every pledge received, Simply Good Jars will donate to a local food organization!
17. Seventh Generation creates household and personal care products using plant-based ingredients, recycled packaging, and no synthetic fragrances or dyes—keeping both your home and the planet clean!
18. Sun & Swell Foods is an organic, plastic-free online grocery store that offers snacks such as dried fruits, trail mixes, nuts, and delicious baked date bites in compostable packaging. You can compost the bags yourself, or send them back through their easy Send-Back program!
19. Tom’s of Maine makes personal care products with natural ingredients. They created the first recyclable toothpaste tube, have a line of plastic-free deodorants, and partner with TerraCycle to help customers recycle their empty products—so you can feel good about your toothpaste and deodorant.
20. Too Good To Go is an app that allows users in cities around the world to rescue food from landfills by purchasing unsold food from restaurants—for a third of the food’s original price. To date, nearly 200 million meals have been saved from heading to landfills!
These brands are just a few examples of the more than 6,000 B Corps worldwide that are committed to using business as a force for good and protecting our planet.
Looking for more ways you can make a positive impact on the environment? One of the easiest and most impactful ways you can help protect our planet is by choosing 100% clean, renewable energy from wind and solar for your home. Learn more about how you can sign up today and help create a better environment for future generations.
Let's keep in touch
Unlock special offers, sun-sational content, and more
Success! You’ve been added to our mailing list.