Mar 1, 2021
Did you know that CleanChoice Energy is a Certified B Corporation? As a B Corp, we are part of a community of thousands of companies around the world that balance profit and purpose, creating a positive impact for our employees, our communities, and the environment. Here are just a few of our favorite fellow B Corps:
1. 4ocean sells bracelets made from recycled materials and removes one pound of ocean trash for every product sold. So far, 4ocean has removed more than 13 million pounds of trash from oceans and coastlines around the world!
2. Allbirds is known for making “the world’s most comfortable shoes.” But their shoes are also environmentally friendly, made from sustainable materials such as recycled plastic. Allbirds is also working to completely eliminate the carbon footprint of their shoes.
3. Bee’s Wrap makes plastic-free food storage made from organic cotton and sustainably sourced beeswax. Their reusable wraps are the perfect alternative to single-use plastic wraps and bags!
4. Ben & Jerry’s, the legendary ice cream brand, has been leading the charge on issues such as climate justice for decades. They ran their first advocacy campaign against global warming in 2007. Check out their page dedicated to climate justice—titled “If It’s Melted, It’s Ruined.”
5. Better World Books is an online bookstore that works with libraries and individuals to save books from landfills—more than 320 million and counting! Find a drop box near you to donate books, or host a drop box in your area to help save even more books!
6. BLK and Bold is a Black-owned premium coffee and tea company based out of Des Moines, Iowa. BLK & Bold pledges 5% of its profits to initiatives aligned to supporting at-risk youth and eradicating youth homelessness.
7. Bloomin creates paper products such as greeting cards, business cards, and wedding invitations made of seed paper—paper that’s packed with flower, vegetable, or herb seeds that you can plant and grow!
8. Frankie and Jo's is a woman-owned ice cream shop based in Seattle that offers delicious plant-based ice creams. Eating plant-based foods has significant environmental benefits—learn more in our blog post!
9. Grove Collaborative is a subscription service that sends subscribers natural products for their home and personal care. Grove has goals to be plastic-free by 2025, plant one million trees by 2022, and reduce their carbon footprint entirely.
10. Klean Kanteen created the original plastic-free, stainless steel water bottle back in 2004. Their insulated bottles can now keep drinks cold up to 135 hours and hot up to 38 hours. Plus, their headquarters in California is completely powered by their own solar panels!
11. Jeni’s Ice Creams is committed to providing zero-waste, delicious ice cream. Jeni’s has composting bins in nearly all of their stores for their compostable spoons, bowls, and napkins. To date, they have already diverted more than 100 tons of waste from landfills!
12. Just Water, started by Jaden Smith, offers water bottles that are made from sustainable paper and plant-based plastic, are 13 times more efficient to ship than traditional plastic bottles, and are 100% recyclable.
13. Lemonade is an insurance company that donates the leftover, unclaimed money at the end of each year to organizations chosen by their policyholders, such as 350.org, ACLU, and charity: water.
14. MPOWERD makes solar-powered products such as outdoor lanterns, string lights, and mobile charging devices. They also work to provide clean energy to the more than 3 billion people around the world who don’t have access to clean, reliable, or affordable electricity.
15. Peeled Snacks offers a variety of snacks such as dried fruits, apple clusters, and baked pea crisps. Their ingredients come from sustainable, organic farms, and their snacks are all kid-friendly!
16. Pela is known for their 100% compostable phone cases and accessories. To date, Pela customers have prevented more than 336,438 pounds of plastic from ever being produced!
17. Seventh Generation creates household and personal care products using plant-based ingredients, recycled packaging, and no synthetic fragrances or dyes—keeping both your home and the planet clean!
18. Sun & Swell Foods is an organic, plastic-free online grocery store that offers foods such as dried fruits, nuts, grains, and other pantry essentials in glass and compostable packaging.
19. Swell, one of the fastest-growing woman-owned businesses in the U.S., offers sleek and stylish stainless steel water bottles to help rid the world of single-use plastic bottles.
20. Tom’s of Maine makes personal care products with natural ingredients and partners with TerraCycle to help customers recycle their empty products—so you can feel good about your toothpaste and deodorant!
To learn more about these B Corps and the more than 3,000 others worldwide, check out the publication B The Change and read about how B Corps are using business as a force for good.
Feeling inspired to reduce your own impact on the planet? Sign up for 100% clean, renewable energy today!