New Year's Resolutions
Dec 25, 2019
Happy New Year from CleanChoice Energy! As we close out 2019 and head into the new decade, we are thankful for the incredible progress made in the renewable energy industry and look forward to an even more sustainable year in 2020.
Our New Year’s Resolution is to help as many people as we can make the switch to 100% clean, renewable energy. Still thinking of your own resolution? Here are some ideas for New Year’s Resolutions to help you reduce your impact on the environment in 2020:
1. Eat less meat to reduce the environmental impact of your meals. Even eating meatless one day a week can make a big difference.
2. Talk to your friends about environmental issues. Check out our blog post for tips on how to talk about climate change.
3. Talk to your employer about ways the office can be more sustainable.
4. Contact your elected officials and ask them to support clean energy policies.
6. Be more conscious with your thermostat to conserve energy. Try adjusting the thermostat a few degrees to save energy at night or when you’re out of the house. Check out our blog post for more winter energy-saving tips!
7. Take shorter showers at a lower temperature to conserve water and energy.
8. Buy local produce to reduce the impact of your food.
9. Enjoy more time outside and away from screens.
10. Hang dry your laundry instead of using the dryer to save energy.
11. Walk, bike or take public transit to work. Even doing so one day per week can significantly reduce your transportation emissions.
12. Bring your reusable bags every time you go to the grocery store, drug store, or shopping mall.
13. Bring reusable containers to restaurants to bring home your leftovers, rather than using a single-use container.
14. Avoid buying new clothes. Shop at thrift or consignment stores to reduce fashion waste.
15. Be more aware of your impact on the environment. Check out these resources from the EPA to help you understand your impact.
16. Educate yourself more on environmental issues and the communities already affected by the climate crisis.
17. Donate money to environmental organizations. Check our our Giving Tuesday blog post for suggestions on where to donate!
18. Spend a day cleaning up local beaches, parks, or trails.
19. Vote for candidates who support policies that help the environment and mitigate climate change.
20. Switch to an electric, hybrid, or more fuel-efficient car.
While all of these are great ways to support the planet, one of the best things you can do to help the environment is to make the switch to clean energy. In 2020, be a part of the renewable revolution to help save our planet!
Stay in the know
Learn about clean energy, climate tips, special offers, and more