20 Environmental Organizations to Support
Nov 21, 2022
Fighting climate change is one of the most important issues of our lifetimes, and we can’t do it alone. Luckily, there are so many great organizations across the country working hard to protect our planet. Here are 20 incredible organizations that fight tirelessly for our environment, a clean energy future, and climate justice for all:
1. 350.org works towards the transition to clean, renewable energy through a global activist movement, leading grassroots campaigns and community organizing efforts in more than 188 countries.
2. Arbor Day Foundation has planted and protected nearly 500 million trees around the world and champions trees as a solution to many global issues, including air quality, climate change, poverty, and hunger.
3. Clean Water Action works to protect America’s waterways from harmful pollutants and ensure clean water for all by organizing grassroots efforts across the country.
4. Climate Reality Project trains and mobilizes grassroots climate activists across the U.S. and around the world to be leaders in the fight against climate change and the fight for environmental justice for all.
5. Defenders of Wildlife is a leading advocate for protecting all native animals and plants in their natural communities for generations to come.
6. Earth Day Network is “the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement,” working in 192 countries and with more than 150,000 partners to mobilize the environmental movement through education, public policy, civic engagement, and activism.
7. Earth Guardians uses art, music, storytelling, and civic engagement to empower and train diverse youth to lead the environmental and climate justice movements.
8. Earthjustice is a nonprofit public interest environmental law organization that represents hundreds of organizations in their fight for clean air, clean water, clean energy, and our climate future—all at no cost to their clients.
9. Earthworks protects and supports communities facing the adverse impacts of fossil fuel extraction (such as mining, drilling, and fracking) and fights for cleaner air, water, and communities and clean energy for all.
10. Green America mobilizes consumers, businesses, investors, and workers to help build a green economy and promote social justice and environmental sustainability.
11. Indigenous Environmental Network is a network of Indigenous peoples throughout North America fighting for environmental justice & healthy communities.
12. League of Conservation Voters drives environmental progress by championing pro-environment laws, policies, and candidates and holding politicians accountable.
13. Mothers Out Front is a coalition of “mothers and others” working to ensure a clean, livable future for all by organizing campaigns at the national, state, and local levels.
14. The National Park Foundation is the official charitable partner of the National Parks Service and works to protect more than 400 national parks and preserve 85 million acres of landscapes, ecosystems, and historical sites.
15. The Nature Conservancy works to protect land, water, and species and tackle climate change. It has protected more than 125 million acres of land and thousands of miles of rivers around the world.
16. Outdoor Afro celebrates and inspires connections and leadership of Black Americans in nature and works towards inclusion in outdoor recreation, nature, and conservation.
17. The Rainforest Alliance works with farmers, forest communities, companies, governments, and millions of individuals in more than 70 countries to protect biodiversity and promote sustainability.
18. The Sierra Club Foundation, the fiscal sponsor of the Sierra Club’s charitable environmental programs, aims to solve the climate crisis through a clean energy economy, secure protections for public lands and waters, get people outdoors, and build a diverse and inclusive environmental movement.
19. The Solutions Project funds and amplifies grassroots climate justice solutions created by Black, Indigenous, Immigrant, women, and other people of color led organizations across the U.S. on the frontlines of the climate crisis.
20. WE ACT for Environmental Justice is a Harlem-based organization that works to combat environmental racism and build healthy communities by mobilizing low-income communities of color and amplifying their voices.
Donating to any of these organizations is a great way to protect our planet for future generations. Looking for more ways you can make a positive impact on the environment? One of the easiest and most impactful ways you can help protect our planet is by choosing 100% clean, renewable energy from wind and solar for your home. Learn more about how you can sign up today and help create a better environment for future generations.
Stay in the know
Learn about clean energy, climate tips, special offers, and more