Nov 12, 2020
One of the best ways you can support our planet and help protect it for future generations is by donating to environmental organizations. Here are 20 incredible organizations that fight tirelessly for our environment, a clean energy future, and climate justice for all:
1. Arbor Day Foundation has planted and protected more than 300 million trees around the world and champions trees as a solution to many global issues, including air quality, climate change, poverty and hunger.
2. Earth Day Network is “the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement,” working in 192 countries and with more than 75,000 partners to mobilize the environmental movement through education, public policy, civic engagement, and activism.
3. Earth Guardians uses art, music, storytelling, and civic engagement to empower and train diverse youth to lead the environmental and social justice movements.
4. Earthjustice is a nonprofit public interest environmental law organization that represents hundreds of organizations in their fight for clean air, clean water, clean energy, and our climate future at no cost.
5. Green for All works to build an inclusive green economy by cultivating local leaders from communities of color and low-income communities across the country and amplifying their voices in the climate movement.
6. Greenpeace investigates and exposes global environmental problems and promotes solutions through activism, peaceful protest, and creative communication.
7. Indigenous Environmental Network is a network of Indigenous peoples throughout North America fighting for environmental justice & healthy communities.
8. League of Conservation Voters drives environmental progress by championing pro-environment laws, policies, and candidates and holding politicians accountable.
9. The National Park Foundation is the official charitable partner of the National Parks Service and works to protect more than 400 national parks and preserve 84 million acres of landscapes, ecosystems, and historical sites.
10. Natural Resources Defense Fund, “the Earth’s best defense,” works with activists, community advocates, and businesses to protect the environment through advocacy, litigation, and scientific research.
11. The Nature Conservancy works to protect land, water, and species and tackle climate change. It has protected more than 119 million acres of land and thousands of miles of rivers around the world.
12. Outdoor Afro celebrates and inspires connections and leadership of Black Americans in nature and works towards inclusion in outdoor recreation, nature, and conservation.
13. Power Shift Network is a Black women-led network of more than 90 organizations that trains, mentors, funds, and empowers marginalized young people and grassroots organizers who are fighting against the climate crisis and environmental racism.
14. The Rainforest Alliance works at the intersection of business, agriculture, and forests to fight climate change and conserve forests. To date, the Alliance has saved more than 125 million acres of forests in 74 countries.
15. Rocky Mountain Institute is a global research organization that aims to accelerate the shift to renewable energy by bringing together and collaborating with businesses, communities, entrepreneurs and other diverse partners.
16. The Sierra Club Foundation, the fiscal sponsor of the Sierra Club’s charitable environmental programs, aims to solve the climate crisis through a clean energy economy, secure protections for public lands and waters, get people outdoors, and build a diverse and inclusive environmental movement focused on connections between environmental health and social justice.
17. The Solutions Project works to achieve 100% clean energy for all by investing in frontline leaders of color and women-led organizations in communities across the country.
18. WE ACT for Environmental Justice is a Harlem-based organization that works to combat environmental racism and build healthy communities by mobilizing low-income communities of color and amplifying their voices.
19. The Wilderness Society fights for legal protections for public lands, such as national forests, parks, and refuges, and champions policies that give such protections.
20. 350.org works towards the transition to clean, renewable energy through a global activist movement, leading grassroots campaigns and community organizing efforts in more than 188 countries.
Donating to any of these organizations is a great way to protect our planet for future generations. Want to do even more to support the environment? Sign up for 100% clean, renewable energy today!