32 Must-Try Plant-Based Recipes for Summer
Jun 15, 2023
Did you know that plant-based eating has significant environmental benefits? Summer is the perfect time to try out some tasty plant-based recipes during your barbecues, pool parties, and other summer festivities—while enjoying the peace of mind knowing you’re helping out the planet. This summer, try out these 32 plant-based recipes that are both delicious and earth-friendly:
Delicious Plant-Based Recipes for Main Dishes and Dinners in the Summer:
1. Easy Grillable Veggie Burgers. Looking for a veggie burger that will hold its form and stay together on the grill? These burgers are simple, flavorful, and grillable! Find the recipe here.
2. The Best Pulled “Pork” Sandwich. Made from canned jackfruit, this pulled “pork” sandwich has the same great texture and flavor as the real thing. Find the recipe here.
3. Crispy Coconut Lime Baked Cauliflower Tacos. The perfect light summer meal, these easy, oil-free tacos are even better than crispy fish tacos! Find the recipe here.
4. Firecracker Lettuce Wraps. Spice things up this summer with these lettuce wraps featuring crispy tofu, spicy peanut sesame sauce, and brown rice noodles. Find the recipe here.
5. Cold Peanut Noodle Salad. This noodle salad with a creamy, tangy peanut sauce is a fun and different side dish to bring to picnics and backyard gatherings. Find the recipe here.
6. Sweet Potato Sushi Rolls. Making these refreshing DIY sushi rolls is the perfect fun (and tasty) indoor activity on those hot summer days when you need to beat the heat. Find the recipe here.
7. Portobello Steaks With Avocado Chimichurri. Mix things up this grilling season with these grilled mushrooms topped with a spicy avocado chimichurri sauce. Find the recipe here.
8. Quinoa and Mango Stuffed Grilled Avocado. Another recipe perfect for the grill, these stuffed avocados are a fun summer entree or side bursting with flavor. Find the recipe here.
9. Summer Veggie Pizza. Creamy cashew sauce, summer veggies, and sun-dried tomatoes come together to create the perfect pizza for summertime. Find the recipe here.
10. Creamy White Pasta with Summer Vegetables. With sautéed yellow squash, red onion, roasted cherry tomatoes, and a light vegan white sauce, this hearty yet light pasta dish is a great way to enjoy summer produce. Find the recipe here.
The Best Vegan Pulled “Pork” Sandwich (find the recipe here)
The Best Vegan Summer Recipes for Plant-Based Salads and Sides:
11. Caprese Salad with Peaches and Arugula. Juicy summer tomatoes and peaches come together with vegan mozzarella for a colorful, sweet, and savory side. Find the recipe here.
12. Cranberry Blueberry Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing. Fresh, fruity, and flavorful, this dish featuring homemade blueberry balsamic is the perfect summertime salad. Find the recipe here.
13. Moroccan Lentil Salad. This flavorful lentil salad with toasted almonds, dried apricots, and fresh herbs works great as a simple weeknight meal or a unique side dish. Find the recipe here.
14. Pasta Salad with Avocado Dressing. A tasty twist on a summertime staple, this pasta salad is colorful and flavorful with a creamy avocado vinaigrette dressing. Find the recipe here.
15. Southern Vegan Potato Salad. This classic Southern-style potato salad is creamy, perfectly seasoned, and easily customizable. Find the recipe here.
16. Grilled Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomato. Tossed in a honey lime dressing, this grilled corn salad makes for a tasty side dish, dip, or topping. Find the recipe here.
17. Bruschetta with Summer Tomatoes and Basil. This simple, light, and flavorful appetizer with sun-kissed tomatoes is the perfect dish to bring to a summertime gathering. Find the recipe here.
18. Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pinwheels. These simple yet flavorful tortilla roll-ups make the perfect appetizer for summer parties or a satisfying snack at the beach or the pool. Find the recipe here.
19. Rainbow Grilled Veggie Skewers. These colorful and festive kebabs make for a nutritious and delicious entree or side dish. Find the recipe here.
20. Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce. With fresh herbs such as mint and cilantro, these refreshing spring rolls are perfect for the warm summer months. Find the recipe here.
21. Watermelon and Peach Gazpacho. Cool off from the summer heat with a bowl of this sweet and savory gazpacho. Find the recipe here.
22. Pineapple Guacamole. This fruity and summery guac makes for a refreshing dip or topping. Find the recipe here.
23. Hot Pink Beetroot Hummus. Bright and colorful, this hummus gets its radiant color from cooked beetroot! Find the recipe here.
24. Mango Pico de Gallo. Once you start digging into this flavorful pico, it will be hard to stop! Fresh, fun, and festive, this recipe is perfect for summertime. Find the recipe here.
Vegan Caprese Salad with Peaches and Arugula (find the recipe here)
Easy Summer Plant-Based Recipes for Breakfast, Desserts, and Other Fruity Treats:
25. Cherry Berry Smoothie Bowl. This vibrant, healthy smoothie bowl is a great way to start your summer mornings. Find the recipe here.
26. Grilled Peaches with Blackberry Coconut Cream. Bring out the best flavors of summertime peaches by grilling them and topping with this delicious blackberry coconut cream. Find the recipe here.
27. Grilled Fruit Kebabs with Papaya Creme. The sweet, caramelized flavors of the grilled fruit paired with a smooth and creamy papaya dip make for a delicious summertime snack or dessert. Find the recipe here.
28. Homemade Mixed Berry Cobbler. Pair this summery dessert with your favorite plant-based ice cream! Find the recipe here.
29. No Bake Key Lime Bars. Bursting with flavor, these sweet and tangy key lime bars are a great dessert to make without having to turn on the oven. Find the recipe here.
30. Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles. Beat the heat with these summery, kid-friendly popsicles. Find the recipe here.
31. Double Chocolate Chip Cherry Ice Cream. What’s summer without ice cream? This fruity, chocolatey ice cream can easily be made at home—even without an ice cream maker. Find the recipe here.
32. 5-Minute Watermelon Sorbet. This healthy sorbet couldn’t be easier to make or more refreshing. Find the recipe here.
5-Minute Watermelon Sorbet (find the recipe here)
Eating plant-based meals is a simple yet effective way you can make a positive impact on the environment. Looking for more ways you can make an impact? One of the easiest and most impactful ways you can help protect our planet is by choosing 100% clean, renewable energy from wind and solar for your home. Learn more about how you can sign up today and help create a better environment for future generations.
For more delicious plant-based recipes, check out our Pinterest!
Stay in the know
Learn about clean energy, climate tips, special offers, and more
Success! You’ve been added to our mailing list.