The Best Fall Outdoor Social Distancing Activities
Sep 15, 2020
Looking for ways you can get outside and get some fresh air this fall while still maintaining social distance? Here are some ideas for outdoor activities that are perfect for social distancing:
1. Go for a hike on a local trail. Find trails near you with this online guide!
2. Clean up a nearby park or beach. You’ll feel great after getting some fresh air and helping the planet!
3. Go to an apple orchard and pick your own fresh apples. Then try out some of these amazing apple recipes!
4. Spend time in your garden. Plant some beautiful fall flowers, or plant flowers now that will bloom in the spring!
5. Play nature bingo, do a nature scavenger hunt, or simply collect fall leaves. Check out our Pinterest for scavenger hunt ideas and nature bingo cards!
6. Do outdoor yoga to relax in the crisp fall air.
7. Go for a bike ride, whether it’s on a bike trail or just around your neighborhood.
8. Visit a pumpkin patch and pick out the perfect pumpkin for carving or decorating!
9. Pick your own zinnias or other fall flowers at a nearby farm.
10. Take photos of nature. Capture the beauty of the fall foliage!
11. Go fishing at a nearby lake or river. Catch and release to be environmentally friendly!
12. Have an outdoor picnic to soak up the sun and enjoy a nice al fresco meal.
13. Watch the sunrise or sunset, or look at the stars at night. Take in the natural beauty of the clear fall sky!
14. Go kayaking, canoeing, or even stand-up paddle boarding on a nearby lake or river.
15. Draw with sidewalk chalk. Play hopscotch, draw pictures, write a message to people who walk by, or even create an obstacle course for you and anyone who passes by to enjoy!
16. Enjoy an afternoon at an outdoor brewery, winery, or cidery.
17. Go to a drive-in movie theater if there’s one open near you!
As long as you maintain 6 feet between other people and follow the CDC guidelines, all of these activities are great for social distancing—and the planet. If you want to help the planet even more, learn more about renewable energy and make the switch today!
Stay in the know
Learn about clean energy, climate tips, special offers, and more