Why You Should Switch to LED Light Bulbs
Jun 17, 2020
If you’re looking to make your home more energy efficient and want to save some money along the way, choosing LED light bulbs is a no-brainer. Here are 10 of the top reasons why you should switch from traditional incandescent light bulbs to LEDs:
1. LEDs can help you save a ton of energy. LED bulbs use up to 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs! If you switch all the incandescent bulbs in your home to LEDs, you could save a pretty penny on your energy bills.
2. LED bulbs last 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs. LEDs can last anywhere from 10,000 to 50,000 hours—which can add up to several years! You’ll feel like you rarely have to change your light bulbs, and you’ll save money by purchasing them much less often.
3. LEDs are more affordable than ever, with the average bulb costing around $3.
4. LEDs emit very little heat, especially compared to incandescent bulbs (which release 90% of their energy as heat). This can help keep your home cooler during the hot summer months. LEDs are also cool to the touch and pose a much smaller risk of fire than incandescent bulbs.
5. LEDs are sturdier than incandescents. Since they aren’t made with fragile glass, they are much less prone to breaking than incandescents.
6. LEDs turn on and off instantaneously, achieving full brightness with no warm-up period. They can also be turned on and off repeatedly without affecting their performance or lifespan.
7. LEDs are great for dimming, often without producing a flicker, buzz, or hum. LEDs become even more efficient as the power is reduced, which can save even more energy and help increase the lifespan of the bulb.
8. You can find LEDs in a variety of color temperatures, from warm to neutral to cool. There are even some LED bulbs that allow you to adjust the color temperature!
9. LED bulbs can meet all your lighting needs. They are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, for nearly all types of light fixtures.
10. You can help save the planet by choosing energy-efficient, long-lasting LED bulbs.
Once you’ve replaced all your incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs, make sure all the energy you use in your home comes from clean, green sources. Sign up for 100% renewable energy today!