Nov 13, 2020
Buying reusable products is one of the easiest ways you can both reduce waste and save money over time. Here are 16 reusable products that are must-haves:
1. Reusable snack and sandwich bags, made from silicone or cloth rather than plastic. Many are dishwasher-safe and can even go in the freezer! Try Stasher bags or these other great brands.
2. Beeswax wrap. Another great alternative to plastic sandwich bags or wraps, beeswax wrap is perfect for wrapping sandwiches or covering containers. Try Bee’s Wrap or these other brands.
3. Wool dryer balls to replace single-use dryer sheets. They can also reduce drying time! Try these 8 dryer balls.
4. Reusable makeup removing cloths or rounds to replace single-use disposable wipes. Many are machine washable—and can be even more effective than wipes! Here are 10 cloths or rounds to try.
5. Reusable cotton swabs. Made from silicone, bamboo, or even stainless steel, reusable cotton swabs are a great way to reduce waste from traditional cotton swabs.
6. Bamboo “paper” towels. You’ll never need to buy real paper towels again once you try this paperless, reusable alternative! Try these 4 brands.
7. Reusable coffee pods. Help prevent coffee pods from ending up in landfills by switching to a reusable one. You’ll also be able to brew any grounds you want! Try one of these 3 pods.
8. Reusable squeeze pouches. These are the perfect waste-free way to give your kids healthy and fun snacks! Try some of these squeeze pouches.
9. Reusable chopsticks. Once you buy your own set of chopsticks, you’ll never want to use single-use wooden chopsticks again! Check out these 8 great chopstick options.
10. Silicone tea infusers. Replace single-use tea bags and brew your own loose leaf tea. Many tea infusers are dishwasher-safe and even come in fun shapes!
11. Reusable silicone facial masks. Practice sustainable self-care with this alternative to single-use sheet masks!
12. Reusable produce bags. Ditch the grocery store’s plastic produce bags and bring your own mesh or string bags for your produce.
13. Silicone baking mats. These easy-to-clean mats can replace aluminum foil and parchment paper for your cooking and baking needs. Try one of these 12 baking mats.
14. Silicone food covers. Silicone stretch lids and food huggers are great for storing leftovers without wasting plastic wrap or bags.
15. Reusable water bottles. Now is the time to ditch plastic water bottles for good (if you haven’t already). Try Swell or Klean Kanteen brands, which are both fellow B Corps!
16. Reusable crochet mop covers to reduce waste from single-use wet or dry mop pads. Find them on Etsy!
If you’re interested in more ways you can reduce waste, Loop is a waste-free shopping service that brings you your favorite brands and products in reusable, returnable containers. You can also find more reusable products and DIY tips on our Pinterest!
Looking for more ways you can reduce your impact on the environment? Sign up for 100% clean, renewable energy today!