22 Eco-Friendly New Year's Resolutions
Jan 1, 2022
Happy New Year from CleanChoice Energy! Our New Year’s resolution is to help as many people as we can choose 100% clean, renewable energy. Still thinking of your own resolution? Here are some ideas for New Year’s Resolutions to help you reduce your impact on the environment in 2022 and beyond:
1. Reduce your energy usage. Using less energy is one of the most impactful ways you can reduce your impact on the planet and help combat climate change. Check out our blog post with tips to help you save energy throughout the year.
2. Eat more plant-based foods. Eating a plant-based diet can have significant positive impacts on the environment. Try giving up meat at least one day a week to reduce the impact of your meals.
3. Recycle more—and better. Recycling is an important way to reduce waste, but it’s only effective if you do it correctly. Check out our Recycling 101 guide for tips!
4. Start composting. Composting is a great way to enrich soil while keeping food waste out of landfills, where it takes up space and releases harmful methane gas. Check out our blog post for tips to help you get started—even if you live in an apartment!
5. Educate yourself more on environmental issues, the communities already affected by climate change, and your own impact on the environment. Need a place to start? Check out this blog post or these books on the important topic of environmental justice, or watch these environmental TED Talks.
6. Use your voice to advocate for the environment. Urge your elected officials to support legislation and other measures that will help protect our planet, and sign petitions on platforms such as Care2 to support various efforts to help the environment.
7. Talk to your loved ones about the environment. Having conversations about the environment is an important way to help protect it. Here are some tips to help you talk to your family or children about climate change and ways you can teach kids to appreciate the environment.
8. Donate to environmental organizations. Consider supporting any of these amazing organizations that work tirelessly to protect our planet.
9. Support businesses that care about the environment and take actions such as using renewable energy. Check out our blog post to learn about some of the most environmentally conscious brands.
11. Try upcycling clothes, furniture, or decor, rather than buying brand new or wasting any materials. Check out these creative ideas!
12. Use less plastic. Avoid using single-use plastics such as plastic grocery bags, water bottles, utensils, or snack bags. Try going the whole month of January without using any single-use plastics! Check out these tips to help you get started.
13. Use less water. It takes a surprising amount of energy to pump, heat, treat, and move water. Simple steps such as turning the faucet off when brushing your teeth, taking shorter showers, or installing a low-flow shower head can add up and save a lot of energy.
14. Go paperless. Sign up for paperless billing and statements, switch to digital copies of newspapers and magazines, or try reusable alternatives to paper towels and napkins to help save trees.
15. Reduce your transportation footprint by walking or biking instead of driving, taking public transportation, switching to an electric car, opting for virtual meetings and events, or simply driving less in general.
16. Reduce the amount of food you waste. Food waste is a serious environmental issue. Be more diligent about cooking, food shopping, and eating leftovers to cut back the amount of food you throw away.
19. Establish better eco-friendly habits in your home. Be more diligent about turning off the lights when you leave a room, hanging your laundry to dry instead of using the dryer, and managing your thermostat wisely to conserve energy.
20. Spend more time volunteering for the planet by planting trees or cleaning up a local park, trail, or beach.
21. Take time each day to step away from your screens and spend time outside. Save energy and enjoy the outdoors!
22. Choose clean energy! Reduce your impact every day by choosing 100% clean, renewable energy from wind and solar for your home. It’s one of the easiest ways you can reduce your carbon footprint—and it’s one of the most important changes you can make in order to protect our planet. Sign up today to help create a better environment for future generations.
Stay in the know
Learn about clean energy, climate tips, special offers, and more